March 17, 2014 – Ileitis can have a serious impact on swine producers’ profitability
- ileitis, particularly the chronic form, remains widespread on many swine operations, resulting in poor feed conversion rates and weight gains
- clinical signs may be subtle or absent; diagnosis by serology or PCR will confirm the presence of the disease
- vets and producers can improve production performance through pig flow management and targeted treatment to reduce this form of the disease, a costly threat.
Aivlosin 17% Premix – Targeted in-feed medication at the right time
- based on clinical signs and diagnostics, a responsible, targeted in-feed treatment can be implemented to optimize performance and financial returns
- Aivlosin 17% Premix is administered at a level of 42.5 ppm in complete feed for 14 consecutive days to provide 2.125mg tylvalosin per kg body weight daily, offering both a low therapeutic dose rate and short treatment duration
- no withdrawal period is required, a great benefit when breakdowns occur in late finishers.
Outstanding Results obtained with Aivlosin 17% Premix
- multiple trials1 with key opinion leaders in North America using the Winkelman challenge model have shown that Aivlosin 17% Premix provides
- significant recovery of lost gain caused by ileitis
- great improvement of feed conversion rates
- significant reduction in mortality
- fast reduction of clinical signs
- significant reduction of intestinal lesions
- new Aivlosin 17% Premix is highly suited to pulsed intervention programs where disease has become endemic in a house or on a farm.
Water Soluble Aivlosin when acute ileitis strikes
- Aivlosin Water Soluble Granules has met with widespread acclaim from veterinarians and producers over the past two years in North America for its fast speed of action in the face of an outbreak, and outstanding results in dealing with both chronic and acute cases of the disease.
Dr. Dan Rosener, Technical Services Manager for Pharmgate Animal Health, N. America, summarizes it all: “The launch of Aivlosin 17% Tylvalosin Medicated Premix allows animal health professionals greater flexibility when dealing with the treatment of subclinical, chronic and acute cases of ileitis. Outstanding benefits have been demonstrated. With global concerns about the use of antibiotics this new treatment option with its low therapeutic dose rate, short treatment time and 0-day withdrawal period fulfills the requirements for the judicious use of antimicrobials”.
Aivlosin® is the registered trademark of ECO Animal Health Ltd, United Kingdom
1ECO Animal Health study reports EFF.US.070127, 070142 & 090170 on file.
About Pharmgate LLC
Pharmgate LLC is the majority-owned US subsidiary of Jinhe Biotechnology Co., Ltd., P. R. China, the world leader in the production of chlortetracycline feed grade, chlortetracycline hydrochloride, salinomycin and other animal health compounds. The company has marketing or supply approvals for these products in most major markets throughout the world.