(tiamulin hydrogen fumarate)
TIA 12.5% (tiamulin hydrogen fumarate) liquid concentrate is used to treat swine dysentery associated with Brachyspira (formerly Serpulina or Treponema) hyodysenteriae and swine pneumonia due to Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, susceptible to tiamulin.
- Liquid concentrate for the treatment of swine dysentery associated with Brachyspira (formerly Serpulina or Treponema) hyodysenteriae and swine pneumonia due to Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae susceptible to tiamulin
- For use in swine drinking water
- Must be diluted before administering
- Quick implementation: Easy administration in water so you can react quickly and treat pigs as soon as a diagnosis is made.
- It's not necessary to wait until the next delivery of feed to get pigs started on a medicated feed additive. Nor do you have to coordinate the amount of feed to the exact number of days indicated on medicated feed additive labels.
- Pigs are likely to continue drinking water when feed intake declines as a result of illness.1
- Easily mixed: TIA 12.5% liquid concentrate mixes easily into solution, which must be prepared fresh daily. Dosage can be adjusted to account for both the disease present and the animal weights (See Dosing Chart in the tab immediately below: Label Indications and Dosage). Do not use undiluted.
- Quickly absorbed: The active ingredient, tiamulin hydrogen fumarate, is readily absorbed from the gut and can be found in the blood within 30 minutes of dosing.
- Works where it's needed: Achieves high tissue concentrations in the lining of the intestinal tract, lungs and tonsils.2 These are areas where bacteria invade and cause damage to the pig's system.
1 Neumann, E.J.; Ramirez, A.; Schwartz, K.J. Swine Disease Manual 5th Edition (2020) American Association of Swine Veterinarians.
2 Walter D, Knittel J, Schwartz K, et al. Treatment and control of porcine proliferative enteropathy using different tiamulin delivery methods. J Swine Health Prod. 2001;9(3):109-115.
Withdraw medicated water 3 days before slaughter after treatment with 3.5 mg per pound body weight and 7 days before slaughter after treatment at 10.5 mg per pound body weight. The effects of tiamulin on swine reproductive performance, pregnancy and lactation have not been determined. Refer to the label for complete directions for use, precautions and warnings. Do not use undiluted.
- 1 Liter bottles packaged 15 to a case
- 12.5% (125.0 g) Tiamulin hydrogen fumarate in a 1 Liter bottle (33.8 fl oz; 1000 mL)
Although not a prescription product, we recommend producers work with their veterinarian to properly diagnose and treat disease.
Restricted Drug (California): Use only as directed
Approved by FDA under ANADA # 200-695
Produced by Virbac
Available in the USA
Consult Product Insert for use directions and additional information.